Our Lady of Mount Carmel School
Founded in 1927, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a prekindergarten through 12th grade, private, Catholic, college-preparatory school located in Middle River, Maryland. The school is proud to be the only school of its kind remaining in Baltimore County.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Lower School is an accredited, values-driven school providing a quality, Catholic education to children in kindergarten through grade five. Blessed to share our campus with a faith-filled parish community and an ever-growing upper school, we are able to utilize many and varied resources in the education of our students. Our dedicated and professional faculty, staff, and administration along with our parents provide for each child’s spiritual, academic, physical, and social development in a loving, supportive, and nurturing environment.
- We believe each child is unique and special to the Creator.
- We believe that spiritual, intellectual, social, and emotional growth begins in the family and is nurtured in cooperation with the school and parish community.
- We believe in providing positive, challenging, and supportive educational experiences for every child.
- It is our responsibility to prepare students for the challenges of an ever-changing world by inspiring them to behave ethically, value the dignity of others, and work for social justice.
Established in 1959, the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Upper School now encompasses grades six through twelve.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School serves students with diverse abilities and backgrounds. They are united, though, in their desire to achieve academic excellence, develop their gifts and talents, and grow to be the people God intended them to be. They are supported in their efforts by an excellent faculty known for both caring and competence, an administration and staff who put the needs of students first, and a program that includes solid fundamentals, integrated technology, and a focus on preparing students to be leaders in the twenty-first century.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a college preparatory program that includes the possibility of earning college credit during senior year in an extensive parallel enrollment program. It also includes the STAR Program which supports students with learning differences. Recognizing that all students are unique, our learning community values diversity and is built on the foundation of Gospel values and Catholic teaching. As part of the Mount Carmel experience, we expect our students to be of service to their community, develop leadership skills that allow them to build a world that reflects justice, and to act in a way that shows both good character and integrity.
As you investigate our programs and learn about our school, you will learn facts and information that are inspired by our mission to serve students in an atmosphere that is permeated by a love of excellence, an appreciation of others, and a commitment to faith.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Upper School, faithful to its beliefs and mission, graduates students who are:
- Effective decision makers and goal-oriented individuals who base their actions on Gospel values and Catholic teachings.
- Productive, interactive citizens who embrace a life of tolerance, openness, and integrity rooted in service to diverse local and global communities.
- Well-rounded critical readers and creative thinkers who are able to apply skills and knowledge in the pursuit of a higher education.
- Life-long learners who are technologically competent and academically prepared.
- Persons of integrity who continuously apply their talents to meet the needs of an ever-changing society.
- Successful adults who apply their knowledge and faith to the home, the workplace, and the community.